Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The watch manufacture Heuer is founded by Edouard Heuer in Saint-Imier (Switzerland).
- Chopard is founded in Sonvilier.
- Jacques Didisheim is founded in La Chaux-de-Fonds. It would become known as Juvenia, one of the better-known upscale brands after World War II.
- Guido Panerai founds the family business "Guido Panerai & Figlio" in Florence, which later will be renamed to Officine Panerai.
- Since about 1860 till the 1970 years the chronometric competitions take place. The victories in the competitions will be incorporated directly into the advertising of the watch manufacturers involved. This is when the customer desire is sparked to acquire chronometers.
- Victor Kullberg of Sweden, deposits a chronometer equipped with a new pendulum system at the Greenwich Observatory.
- French engineer Ed. Phillips publishes a study on regulation of the hairspring.
- The National Watch Co. in Nashua New Hampshire is founded