Jump to navigation Jump to search
- With the death of Count de Patek his partner Jean-Adrien Philippe takes over the sole management of the company Patek Philippe.
- Death of Jules Jurgensen, son of Urbain Jorgensen, born in Le Locle in 1803, creator of chronometers.
- Neuchatel-born watchmaker C.-A. Paillard of Geneva invents non-magnetic and stainless hairsprings in palladium alloy; in 1885, he built non-magnetic balance wheels with an alloy of the same nature.
- The Hampden Watch Co. in Springfield, Massachusetts is founded
- The Lancaster Watch Co. in Lancaster, Pennsylvania is founded