Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Patek Philippe presents with its model Reference 5100 "10 Day Tourbillon" the world's first mechanical movement with a power reserve of more than 10 days. It is a rectangular form movement, which uses two barrels and includes a tourbillon.
- Guinand presents a world timer, developed by Helmut Sinn and unique in its kind, which displays 5 times on 5 continents simultaneously.
- In cooperation with the luxury car manufacturer Bentley, Breitling launches its successful model series Breitling for Bentley, starting with the model Bentley Motors.
- Massimo Macaluso, son of the owner of Girard-Perregaux, Luigi Macaluso, takes over the leadership of JeanRichard. He shortens the previous name Daniel Jean Richard to the handier label JeanRichard.
- Patek Philippe wins the "Aiguille d'Or" Grand Prix at the Grand Prix d'Horlogerie de Genève for the Ref. 5101 P "10 Jours Tourbillon" in November.