Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The English watchmaker George Daniels, who has become famous as inventor of the co-axial escapement, which since 1999 is used by Omega, first in a smaller, then in a larger number of high-quality wristwatches, dies on 21 October.
- With the TAG Heuer Carrera Mikrograph 1/100th Second Chronograph TAG Heuer presents in January 2011 in the series Carrera the world's first mechanical chronograph that indicates 1/100th of a second using a central hand.
- After the Erhard Junghans 1, the German manufacturer Erhard Junghans launches the Erhard Junghans 2, one more watch creation with a limited edition of 12 pieces and with ultra-fine movement.
- De Bethune wins the "Aiguille d'Or" Grand Prix at the Grand Prix d'Horlogerie de Genève for the DB28 in November.
- Gérald Charles Genta dies on August 17.