The Moeris Watch Factory was established in 1893 in Saint-Imier. The company was a high-volume maker, producing more than 10 million watches by 1957. At that time, the company sold upscale watches with 17 or 25 jewels and Incabloc shock protection.
In 1966, Moeris introduced a licensed watch with the likeness of James Bond. This watch featured a rectangular case with chamfers at each corner, giving it an octagonal look much like the modern Bulgari Octo line. The round dial was unremarkable apart from the "James Bond 007" logo above the date window at 6:00, but the reverse featured a engraving of Sean Connery in the signature role. The crown was square and also featured "007" engraved.
Moeris became part of Rayville by 1974, alongside Blancpain. At this time, the company pivoted to focus on historic replica pocket watches. For the next decade, the Moeris brand was found on many pocket watches with historic designs. The company listed its address as Villeret, like Rayville, by 1976. In 1978, Moeris closed its doors.
In 1980, ownership of Moeris passed to Tissot. By this point, the company was focused on skeletonized pocket watches and quarts pendant watches for ladies. Soon, the company was located at Le Locle with Tissot. It appears to have ceased production after 1985.