- Main Article: Sinn 103
The 103 Ti Ar (103 Ti Ar UTC) is a pilot's chronograph by Sinn.
The 103 Series has been a classic in the ranks of high quality and functional chronographs. Whether with acrylic or sapphire crystal glass, from titanium or stainless steel, it fulfilled almost all the wishes and demands of professional use as a pilot's watch, but only almost all requirements. With the 103 Ti Ar UTC a last gap in the model family is closed.
The 103 UTC is based on the ETA movement Valjoux 7750 with a second timezone especially interesting for pilots and frequent flyers. The case of this model is made of pure titanium and equipped with the argon technique developed by Sinn. The pilot's bezel, also made of pure titanium, was partially anodized black for a better readability. The classic dial train of the 103 UTC has been supplemented by a bright yellow hours hand for the second timezone.
The glass bottom allows free insight into the complex mechanics of the Valjoux 7750. The 103 UTC is available with the classic leather strap or a solid pure titanium band.
The 103 Ti Ar won the Goldene Unruh award in 1998.
See also: Sinn 103 St, Sinn 103 A Sa.
- Self-winding movement Valjoux 7750, 28,800 A/h
- Dual time zone - Modul
- 25 jewels
- Nivarox 1 hairspring, Glucydur balance wheel, Berylium plateau,
- Mainspring Nivaflex 1, Incabloc shock protection
- Movement storage in dry noble gas (Argon), thereby improving rate precision for a long time and extending service intervals
- Shock proof according to DIN 8308, anti-magnetic according to DIN 8309
- Pure titanium, DIN WNR 3.7735, bead-blasted
- Ø 41 mm, height 16.5 mm
- Sapphire crystal domed, with anti-glare treatment on the inside; screwed bottom with domed sapphire crystal, with anti-glare treatment on the inside
- Undetachable stainless steel turning bezel with minute ratcheting
- Screw-in crown with double O-ring seal
- Pushers with double O-ring seal and pusher protection
- Ar dehumidifying technology
- Count-down rotating ring in pure titanium with inserted black anodized aluminum ring, high-contrast titanium-colored printing, bidirectional rotating, latching in one minute intervals, minute scale, triangle mark (tritium)
- Waterproof to 200 m
- Safe below atmospheric pressure
- Black mat, Arabic numerals with coated with special long-lasting, luminous paint
- Chronograph: hours (at 6 o'clock) and minutes (at 12 o'clock) in totalisers, central seconds, stop time max. 11 hours, 59 min. and 59 sec.
- Date at 3 o'clock
- Solid bead-blasted pure titanium bracelet with safety folding clasp and folding overall extension
- Optional cowhide leather strap with tang-type buckle in bead-blasted pure titanium
- Chronometer version
- Also available without dual time zone
- 3 years