Hublot Big Bang
Shortly after watch visionary Jean-Claude Biver invested in Hublot and became CEO, he pushed to create a bold statement for the brand. In April 2004, the first Big Bang was released. Inspired by the successful Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore, the Big Bang combines exotic materials in contrasting colors in an oversized watch. Biver called it "Art of Fusion" and it was wildly successful with buyers. Hublot combined various materials: Kevlar®, carbon, ceramic, magnesium, tungsten, stainless steel, gold and, as with the original Hublot models, rubber. A striking feature of the design, as in the first Hublot models designed by Carlo Crocco, is the band: A layer of Kevlar® in the watch case gives the impression that the bracelet runs smoothly through it.
At the Grand Prix d'Horlogerie de Genève 2005 the "Big Bang" won the award for "Best Design" and has become an outstanding sales success. Every Big Bang model is technically a limited edition, and the company has continued to creatively source materials, including red ceramic and "Magic Gold". The company has also created creative watch movements shown through skeleton dials.
The watch is available in different sizes: 44 mm (Standard), 41 mm and 38 mm. In addition, as a diver model, "Big Bang King" in the oversized 48 mm.
Selected models and ranges
Template:File left Since its first appearance the success watch has been launched in a seemingly endless abundance of variants. Here are just some of the best known:
- Big Bang Red Gold: base model (automatic chronograph)
- Big Bang Steel, Big Bang Steel Black Ceramic: base model in stainless steel
- Big Bang "Bullet Bang": in Cermet
- Big Bang "Ice Bang": black ceramic and tantalum bezel
- Big Bang "All Black": special edition totally in black
- Big Bang King: oversized, waterproof to 30 atm
- Big Bang "Aero Bang": with skeletonized dial
- Big Bang Platinum Mat: in platinum
- Tourbillon Solo Bang: tourbillon, manual winding
- Bigger Bang: manual winding chronograph movement with tourbillon, skeletonized dial, tantalum
- Mag Bang: concept chronograph, movement and case in synthetic material "Hublonium"
- One Million $ Big Bang: diamond-studded luxury watch with tourbillon
In addition, several limited editions, such as "Red Devil" (Manchester United) or "Ayrton Senna".