TAG Heuer Carrera
The now legendary Carrera, which was launched 1964 on the occasion of the Carrera Panamericana in Mexico, the then most dangerous road race in the world, is the first chronograph specifically developed for the time measurement of car racing and thus a true classic. In addition to the functionality and ease of handling also the elegant and timeless design of this watch with its large, perfectly legible silver dial was impressing. The above picture shows one of the first models, here in the version with Tricompax arrangement of the stop hand.
The Carrera became one of the most famous sports chronographs in watch history. Even today it still remains topical and convincing due to its clear and at the same time friendly aesthetic. Its dial captivates with its harmonious balance.
Forty years after the introduction of the first Carrera TAG Heuer offers some variations which are faithful to the original design this watch, but present more powerful features. Most models are now equipped with automatic movements and have a domed, scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, hand-applied luminous indexes and a fluted crown, which facilitates the winding.
On the occasion of the historic car rally Ennstal Classic through the Austrian Alps, a special limited edition of 50 pieces of Carrera was presented. This model appears particularly athletic in conjunction with the black dial and the red stop hand and with one totaliser dial marked in red. The additional date display at 6 h preserves the dial symmetry, for which the original classic from 1964 was already known.
Overview of the Carrera models
- Carrera (original model) (1964)
- Carrera Chronograph Tachymeter (2005), automatic chronograph
- Carrera Calibre 360 Limited Edition, most accurate mechanical chronograph with 360,000 A/h (2006)
- Carrera Calibre 16 Day-Date (2008), with weekday and date
- Carrera Calibre 1 Limited Edition, manual winding, base calibre Unitas 6498 (2008)
- Carrera MP4-12C (2011), limited edition, in cooperation with McLaren
- Calibre 16 Heritage Chronograph (2011)
Series "Grand Carrera"
- Grand Carrera Calibre 6 RS, RS = rotation system (2007)
- Grand Carrera Calibre 8 RS Grande-Date GMT
- Grand Carrera Calibre 17 RS Chronograph
- Grand Carrera Calibre 17 RS2 Limited Edition, Ti2 case (2008)
- Grand Carrera Calibre 36 RS Caliper, concept chronograph (2008), production model (2009)
- Grand Carrera Calibre 36 RS2 Caliper Chronograph Ti2, production model with titanium carbide finish (2009)