Soprod SA Les Reussilles was founded in 1966 in Tramelan in the Jura region of Switzerland to produce mechanical watch components. The company was purchased by Léman Capital and merged with Swiss low-end quartz specialist, SFT Group in 2005 as a new company, STM Holding. This group was purchased by Peace Mark of Hong Kong in 2007 but that company became insolvent the following year. STM was repurchased in 2008 by Festina management without the mass-market quartz manufacturing operations the company had established in China.
Today, Soprod is the corporate parent within Festina Group that produces Swiss watch components:
- Soprod mechanical movements in Tramelan/Les Reussilles
- Soprod high-end quartz movements and components in Sion
- Soprod wheel trains in Le Saignelégier
- IMM Ineltec milling and preforms in Maiche
- Manufacture Horlogère Vallée de Joux ("MHVJ", formerly Dubois Technique Horlogère) regulators in Le Sentier
- MSE/Astral Technologies hairsprings in Porrentruy
Soprod's main mechanical movement is the Soprod A-10, based on the Seiko 4L family. On this base, Soprod also produces a number of complications, including "big date", second time zone, power reserve indicator, 24 hour indicator, chronograph, moon phase, and more. Soprod also produces escapements and hairsprings for other manufacturers.